- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C chopped nuts (I like walnuts or pecans)
- 1 handful peppermint hard candies (or candy canes) - crushed
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a cold bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, beat in salt and cream of tarter, gradually beat in sugar. Gently fold in chopped nuts and crushed candies.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes. Cool on 5 - 10 minutes on tray.
NotesThese were always on my mom's Christmas Cookie Trays growing up. She calls them Surprise Kisses... but I think lots of people don't necessarily like to be surprised with their food. So I'm calling them Peppermint Kisses. =)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More