- Cooking Time: 4 or more hours
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 1 to 2 hours
- 1 (9-inch) baked pastry shell *I used a pre made Oreo cookie pie shell instead*
- 1 oz Square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 can Eagle® Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT EVAPORATED MILK)
- 1/2 teasp vanilla extract
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons crème de menthe
- I tub frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Red food coloring, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate with 1/2 cup of the Sweetened Condensed Milk. Add the Vanilla to the mixure. When melted, take off the heat, and spread on the bottom of the pie shell..
- In a laget mixing bowl, whip the cheese until it's softened. Gradually beat in the remaining of the Sweetened Condensed Milk. Add the crème de menthe and the food coloring. Fold in the whipped topping. Pour into the pie shell.
- Refridgerate for 4 hours or until set. Garnish as desired. If there are any leftovers, refridgerate those.
NotesA peppermint pie that I got out of my Simply Delicious Deserts cookbook that was put out by Eagle Brand in the mid 80's