- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/4 cups Confections Sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermit extract
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened)
- Sift confection sugar into the bowl of a standing mixer or a large bowl if using a hand mixer.
- In a small bowl stir together, water, corn syrup, lemon juice, and extract.
- Pour into bowl of sugar and beat together until mixture is combined.
- On a work surface knead mixture into a ball (mixture will be very stiff).
- With a rolling pin, applying pressure, roll out mixture between sheets of wax paper into a 9 inch round and about 1/4 inch thick round.
- Remove top sheet of wax paper from round and replace it loosely back on top. Flip over the enclosed round and remove and discard the sheet of wax paper now on top. This will keep the round from sticking to the wax paper).
- Let stand at room temperature until the edges become firm - about 4 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small cutter (I use a shot glass), dip in confection sugar and then cut out patties. Transfer them to the baking sheet.
- Temper the chocolate. (Chop chocolate and place in a small metal bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Melt chocolate and stir till smooth.) You don't want it extra hot as this will melt the sugar in the patties and make a huge mess.
- Balance 1 patty on a fork or a dipping tong and submerge in chocolate. Shake off excess chocolate and place on baking sheet.
- Chill patties on baking sheet, uncovered, for about an hour or until firm.
- **The patties can be made thicker if you like. I make them thin because they are packed with flavor and a little goes a long way.
NotesI ran across this recipe many years ago and have been making them every Christmas.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More