- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 oz. almond bark or vanilla-flavored candy coating, cut into pieces
- 2 Tbs. shortening
- 2/3 cup finely crushed candies (24 candies)*
- 12 (8-1/2") pretzel rods (from 11 oz. pkg.)
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt almond bark and shortening in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into 11x7" baking dish or other shallow dish; carefully set baking dish in hot water to keep almond bark soft. (Do not get any water into almond bark.)
- Sprinkle candy over separate sheet of waxed paper.
- Roll pretzels in almond bark; allow excess to
- drip off. Roll in crushed candy. Place on lined cookie sheet; let stand
- until set. 12 pretzels.
- *To crush peppermint candies, place in double thickness of heavy-duty
- resealable plastic bags; seal. Place on cutting board; hit with hammer to crush.
NotesFor gift-giving, decorate an empty potato chips can (pringles) and fill it
with these festive treats.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More