- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 6 cups Rice Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal
- 1 bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candy
- Line cookie sheet with foil or waxed paper.
- Place cereal in large bowl.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on high about 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth. Stir in half the crushed peppermint candy.
- Pour over cereal; toss to evenly coat.
- Spread mixture in single layer on cookie sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle with remaining candy.
- Let stand until set, about 20 minutes.
- Gently break up coated cereal.
- Store in airtight container.
NotesFound among my Internet recipe travels. This became a new hit at my Annual Cookie Party with guests nibbling, nibbling, nibbling until it was quickly gone. Quite addictive (and easy, too) and probably a dangerous item to have around the house at any other time than the holidays. (LAUGH)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More