- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 Cup Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half and add extract and food coloring to one portion.
- On a work surface, roll out each portion of dough between waxed paper into 16” x10” rectangle. Remove waxed paper.
- Place red rectangle over plain rectangle.
- Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with the long side.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Unwrap the dough and cut into 1/4” slices. Place 2” apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake 350 for 12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
NotesThese are really good! They have a delicate flavor and were very popular last year.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Koken met OmaSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More