- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: enough for 9" layer cake
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryThis is a recipe I've made for over 20 years. It's refreshing in summer & festive in the winter. It works on cakes or cookies.
This frosting is white. Feel free to color red or green (for the “mint chocolate chip” effect).
- 1/3 c evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 c sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1/4 c crushed peppermint candy or chocolate chips (optional)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Blend milk, peppermint extract and salt.
- Mix in powdered sugar
- When mixture is smooth, fold in butter and mix well
- Frost cake, Sprinkle with crushed candy or chocolate chips