- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: enough for 9" layer cake
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1/3 c evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 c sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1/4 c crushed peppermint candy or chocolate chips (optional)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Blend milk, peppermint extract and salt.
- Mix in powdered sugar
- When mixture is smooth, fold in butter and mix well
- Frost cake, Sprinkle with crushed candy or chocolate chips
NotesThis is a recipe I've made for over 20 years. It's refreshing in summer & festive in the winter. It works on cakes or cookies.
This frosting is white. Feel free to color red or green (for the “mint chocolate chip” effect).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More