- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: enough for 9" layer cake
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1/3 c evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 c sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1/4 c crushed peppermint candy or chocolate chips (optional)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Blend milk, peppermint extract and salt.
- Mix in powdered sugar
- When mixture is smooth, fold in butter and mix well
- Frost cake, Sprinkle with crushed candy or chocolate chips
NotesThis is a recipe I've made for over 20 years. It's refreshing in summer & festive in the winter. It works on cakes or cookies.
This frosting is white. Feel free to color red or green (for the “mint chocolate chip” effect).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More