- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: approx. 60
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 package icing sugar (the original recipe never specified the exact size but I am assuming the smaller one. To be honest I never measure, I just go by consistency)
- 2 T butter softened
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 2-3 t of peppermint extract (I use three because I like a strong flavour)
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 package of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 T of vegetable shortening
- 1. combine ingredients and mix until soft ball forms that you can knead with your hand and some icing sugar
- 2. spread on a large cookie sheet lined with Reynolds parchment paper. Smooth top using rolling pin
- 3. With a small round cookie cutter cut small circles in the dough.
- 4. re-roll scraps and make as many circles as you can
- 5. melt chocolate and shortening and dip mints in chocolate and allow to harden on Reynolds parchment paper lined tray in freezer.
NotesMy best friend Stef gave me this recipe. I have seen many variations before but this one was so easy and looked lovely on a platter or boxed as a nice gift. Whenever I eat these I think of her and remember exactly the time in my life when I first had them,
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More