1 package icing sugar (the original recipe never specified the exact size but I am assuming the smaller one. To be honest I never measure, I just go by consistency)
2 T butter softened
1/2 t vanilla extract
2-3 t of peppermint extract (I use three because I like a strong flavour)
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 package of semi sweet chocolate chips
2 T of vegetable shortening
1. combine ingredients and mix until soft ball forms that you can knead with your hand and some icing sugar
2. spread on a large cookie sheet lined with Reynolds parchment paper. Smooth top using rolling pin
3. With a small round cookie cutter cut small circles in the dough.
4. re-roll scraps and make as many circles as you can
5. melt chocolate and shortening and dip mints in chocolate and allow to harden on Reynolds parchment paper lined tray in freezer.
Pairs Well With
My best friend Stef gave me this recipe. I have seen many variations before but this one was so easy and looked lovely on a platter or boxed as a nice gift. Whenever I eat these I think of her and remember exactly the time in my life when I first had them,