- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup dry polenta
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 10 slices reduced fat pepperoni
- 1/3 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place the polenta, water and salt in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly for 3 to 5 minutes, until thick. Pour into a pie plate or shallow baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper, and cook, stirring until onion is soft. Set aside.
- Spread the marinara sauce over the chilled polenta 'crust'. Top with the onion and pepper mixture, pepperoni, tomato and oregano. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle cheese over the top, and continue to bake for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is melted. Cut into 6 wedges, and serve hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More