- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg turkey sausage cut into 1 in slices
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 8 oz pasta (I used wheat penne but any would be fine)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- red pepper flakes to your liking
- 1/2 tsp dried each oregano, basil and rosemary (original also called for sage but that = yuck for us!)
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Meanwhile brown sausage until cooked through, about 6 minutes, set aside. Heat 2 tsp oil in skillet and saute onions and peppers until tender crisp. Add garlic, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes. Add pasta, sausage and chicken broth and remaining oil. Toss to coat and serve.
- This takes 20 minutes (maybe about 30 tops!). We served it with Pillsbury Breadsticks brushed with butter spray and garlic salt.
- Pasta POINTS: 6
- Total POINTS including 1 breadstick: 9
NotesI had some turkey sausage in the fridge that was on sale at the store, which is how this recipe kind of came about. My inspiration for this one did come from a WW cookbook, but I twisted and added and omitted so much, it's unrecognizable! :) I prefer more of a sauce with my pasta, so I may made s simple broth sauce next time, but it was really yummy!
This takes 20 minutes (maybe about 30 tops!). We served it with Pillsbury Breadsticks brushed with butter spray and garlic salt.
Pasta POINTS: 6
Total POINTS including 1 breadstick: 9
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More