- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- *1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup fancy molasses
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- sugar for dipping
- Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Stir in egg, molasses and ginger until evenly blended.
- In a separate bowl, stir dry ingredients together. Add to butter mixture and stir to incorporate. Cover bowl and chill dough for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. Press down on baking tray, 3-inches apart. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes and cool completely on baking tray before removing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More