- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (or cream of mushroom with roasted garlic)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce (or tomato sauce with garlic)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb box of macaroni pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add macaroni. Cook 8-10 minutes or until al dente and drain.
- Meanwhile, combine soup, tomato sauce, milk, and mozzarella cheese in a small saucepan. Over medium heat, stir frequently as cheese melts. Continue until cheese is completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in paprika and pepper.
- Add sauce to pasta and mix well. Serve with additional mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top (if desired).
- If not using soup or tomato sauce with garlic, add 1/4 tsp garlic powder or garlic salt to sauce. I prefer not to add salt because condensed soup is already quite salty.
- Makeover: use reduced sodium soup and tomato sauce, skim milk, and reduced-fat mozzarella cheese to cut out salt and fat.
NotesThis recipe was inspired by alfredo sauce made with condensed cream of mushroom soup. I created this tasty sauce with some tomato sauce, mozzarella, paprika, and pepper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More