- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 small baking potatoes, halved and sliced crosswise
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Celery leaves and fresh parsley
- Combine broth, potatoes, onion, celery, salt and pepper in slow cooker; mix well. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 7-1/2 hours.
- Stir half-and-half into flour; stir misture into slow cooker. Cover; cook 1 hour.
- Slightly mash potato mixture with potato masher. Cook, uncovered, 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Just before serving, stir in butter. Garnish with celery leaves and parsley, if desired.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More