- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/8 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread pan of your bread machine, select Dough setting and start. When dough has risen long enough, machine will beep.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Gently roll and stretch dough into a 12 inch rope. With a sharp knife, divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll each into a smooth ball. With a rolling pin, roll each ball into a 6 to 7 inch circle. Set aside on a lightly floured countertop. cover with a towel. Let pitas rise about 30 minutes until slightly puffy.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Place 2 or 3 pitas on a wire cake rack. Place cake rack directly on oven rack.
- Bake pitas 4 to 5 minutes until puffed and tops begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately place pitas in a sealed brown paper bag or cover them with a damp kitchen towel until soft.
- Once pitas a softened, either cut in half or split top edge for half or whole pitas.
- They can be stored in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for 1 or 2 months.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Foodie BabySee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More