PEPPY CLAM SHELLS (STUFFED CLAMS)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Dash pepper, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1 7 1/2-oz. can mince clams
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
In a medium skillet, cook onion, celery, and green pepper in the 4 Tbsp. of butter until green pepper and onions are tender but not brown.
Stir in flour, cheese, and seasoning.
Add 1/4 cup of cracker crumbs, mix well.
Stir in the undrained clams; cook and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles.
Divide evenly among three or four large baking shells or individual baking dishes.
Combine remaining crumbs and butter; sprinkle atop clam mixture in each shell.
Bake in 350 degrees F. oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.