- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese are soooo tasty! Came from an old magazine clipping, I think it was from the 70's in BH&G
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Dash pepper, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1 7 1/2-oz. can mince clams
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- In a medium skillet, cook onion, celery, and green pepper in the 4 Tbsp. of butter until green pepper and onions are tender but not brown.
- Stir in flour, cheese, and seasoning.
- Add 1/4 cup of cracker crumbs, mix well.
- Stir in the undrained clams; cook and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Divide evenly among three or four large baking shells or individual baking dishes.
- Combine remaining crumbs and butter; sprinkle atop clam mixture in each shell.
- Bake in 350 degrees F. oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More