- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1.3 ounce McCormicks Slower Cooker Savory Pot Roast seasoning packet
- 1 ounce McCormicks Au Jus seasoning packet
- 12 ounces Pepsi Cola
- 1½ cups water
- 3 pounds boneless beef english roast
- 20 baby yukon potatoes
- 20 whole snack size carrots
- Place roast in the crock pot. I use a liner or you can spray the crockpot first.
- Mix the slow cooker seasoning with 1 cup of water. Pour on top of roast.
- Mix the Au Jus seasoning with the remaining ½ cup of water and pour on top of roast.
- Pour the Pepsi Cola into crockpot.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Remove the meat and keep warm. Add potatoes and carrots into crockpot and you may need a little more water at this point. Cook on high until veggies are tender, about 1 hour or so. This is the way I cooked the veggies because I was gone to work for 8 hours and when I got home the meat was done and the crockpot needed more water for the veggies and I didn't want to water down the great taste of the meat. If you are home while it is cooking, you could add the veggies half way thru the cooking time without adding additional water.
NotesThis roast was delicious! I've heard about roasts using different cola's for a long time and finally decided to make one! Roast is the least made dish in my house and we love roast! In fact it is one of my DH favorite meals! Why don't I make roast more often? I have no idea but this roast was sooooo good that I'm putting it on the menu again soon!
I almost screwed this dish up royally but I saved it just in time! When I got home from work after 8 hours of the roast cooking, the meat was perfect! It had a nice caramelization of the Pepsi, the sauce was nice and thick like on the meat and the Au Jus taste was out of this world! I knew I didn't want to cook the veggies for 8 hours so I planned to put them in when I got home! Well, they needed water since everything had thickened up beautifully! So, I got ready to add 2 cups of water, had it in my hand and caught myself getting ready to pour, thinking I'm going to water this baby down! I quickly removed the meat and put it in foil and then added my veggies and water to the crockpot! Best move I could of made! I have put this step in my directions in case you are gone for 8 hours as well! If you are home while it is cooking, I would add the veggies half way thru the cooking time with no water needed!