- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 5 1/2 Cups flour
- 3T. sugar
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 pkgs. dry yeast
- mix well in food processor.
- Warm Buttermilk and Canola Oil in Pyrex 4 cup measuring cup in microwave for about 90 seconds to 2 minutes (it should be about 115 to 120°).
- Pour into running processor (with dough blade attached, not metal blade).
- Process until dough comes together into smooth ball, with minimal sticking to the bowl of the processor.
- If needed add more flour a Tbsp at a time while processing.
- For "Proofing Oven":
- Boil 2 or 3 cups of water in the same pyrex measuring cup in the microwave, covered with a moist paper towel to prevent splash overs for several minutes.
- Adding a few peanuts or beans into the water will help prevent “exploding water“).
- Move the measuring cup with hot water to the back corner of the microwave to provide heat and moisture and make the microwave a “Proofing Oven“ for the dough. Oil the dough and put it in a Metal Bread Pan, and cover with Plastic Wrap. Set the dough into the microwave and let rise for at least 30 to 45 minutes.
- After this first rising, take out the dough and punch it down. Reboil the water in the measing cup for a few minutes, and let the dought rise the second time until it has doubled in size and is bulging above the top of the bread pan.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Makes 1 large and 1 small loaves
- Bake @ 375° for ~ 40 minutes
- ~ 88 Calories per Ounce
NotesUnbelievably good for homemade bread cubes used in Turkey Stuffing (Dressing)
Makes 1 large and 1 small loaves:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
My Family Cookbook
Get Cookin'See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More