- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large avocados
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp Tony Cachere's Cajun Seasoning
- Juice of 1/4 - 1/2 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp sour cream (don't substitute fat-free)
- 1/3 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp Texas 1015, chopped (a sweet onion; yellow will do)
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. With the flesh still in the shell, use your knife to cut the avocado into squares (think: checkerboard).
- This way, when you spoon the flesh into a bowl, the avocado is already cut into manageable pieces.
- Use a fork (or potato masher) and smash the avocados to the desired texture.
- Don't aim for completely smooth - you want a good combination of creamy and chunky avocado.
- Add the juice of 1/4 lime, 1/8 tsp Tony Cachere's, the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and press a piece of plastic wrap onto the surface of the avocado to prevent browning.
- Put the bowl in the fridge for at least one hour so flavors can develop (two hours are better).
- Stir the guacamole and taste.
- Add additional lime juice and Tony's as needed.
Notes"Perfect" guacamole is really all just a matter of taste. Technically, there's no wrong way to make it - well, unless you put something weird in it!
Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More