- Cooking Time: 18
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- No-Stick Cooking Spray (optional)
- 2 cups Self-Rising Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- OR 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl; mix well.
- COMBINE milk, oil and egg in small bowl; blend well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be slightly lumpy).
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- TIP For PERFECT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS: Prepare muffin batter as directed in the recipe; fold in 1 cup fresh, frozen or canned blueberries, rinsed and drained. Bake as directed.
- TIP For PERFECT CINNAMON SUGAR MUFFINS: Prepare muffin batter as directed in recipe except add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to dry ingredients. Bake as directed. Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl. After baking, remove muffins from muffin cups. Dip tops in 1/4 cup melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
My Family CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More