- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 pound Whole Wheat Pasta
- 1 medium sized Yellow Onion (sliced thin)
- 1 pound Frozen Peas
- 2 medium Green Zucchini (sliced into discs)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (chopped fine)
- 1 Red Pepper (cut into small dice)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mint (Sliced Thin)
- Shredded Parmesan to Garnish
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, roughly 8 quarts. Add half a cup of salt and add in the pasta. Give it a stir. Lack of stirring will cause the pasta to stick together and to the bottom of the pot. When the pasta is slightly firm to the bite, strain, save some of the liquid, coat with a little olive oil, and set aside.
- To cut the green zucchini, slice into half an inch thick, quarter sized pieces.
- Have all of your vegetables sliced and diced before beginning.
- Heat a large sauté pan with olive oil and sauté the onions until soft. Toss in the garlic and lightly sauté. Add the zucchini and peppers and cook until soft, NOT MUSHY! Add the peas and heat. Toss with the pasta and garnish with mint. Shredded Parmesan also works well here too. Maybe add a few cracks of black pepper as well or even a little chili flake. Serve with some toasted garlic bread and rosemary. Delish.
- This is also a dish that can be served cold on a hot day. Although there were complaints (OBVIOUSLY), I think it’s pretty tasty either way. Just allow the pasta to cool down and omit the zucchini. Be sure the peas are thawed too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More