- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs Sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 3 - 4 Tbs cold water
- Combine flour, salt and sugat in a 2 qt. bowl. Evenly cut shortening into flour mixture with a pastery blender or fork.
- Combine egg and vinegar in a small bowl and add to flour mixture.
- Add water a Tbs. at a time until dough is moist enough to form ball.
- Shape dough into 2 balls.
- Flatten one ball to 1/2 inch thickness, rounding and smoothing edges.
- On lightly floured surface roll into 11 inch circle.
- Fold pastry in half and place in 9" Pie Plate.
- Unfold gently and press in bottom and up sides of plate.
- Roll out remaining pastry; set aside.
- Continue as directed in pie recipe.
- If making apple pie and apples are already cooked, then fill pie with apples, top with pastry, flute edges and bake at 450 for 15 - 20 minutes.
The Blue Family Favorites<3
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
My Mom's Stuffing (My preacher recipe)
Hot Italian 'Krash' StackSee More