- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups pastry flour
- 1 1/4 cups shortening
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Crumble the pastry flour and shortening.
- Separately dissolve the salt and sugar into the water.
- Slowly mix the water solution into the dry ingredients.
- Chill for at least 45 minutes before rolling.
- Roll out desired pie shell.
- Chill for another 20 minutes before baking.
- Fill with desired filling. Cover with another sheet of pie crust and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 25 to 35 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
NotesThis Pie Crust is Amazing. It was created by Jason Parsons, chef at Peller Estates in the Niagara Region. Be a perfectionist in the kitchen. Create a flaky masterpiece from scratch like the pros.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More