- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 2 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- Melted butter, optional
- Salt, optional
- Note: It's best to use a deep, heavy pan. Use only as many kernels as cover a single layer in the bottom of the pan. Use a neutral-flavored oil with a high smoking point, such as canola.
- Cover bottom of a 3 quart pan with thin coat of oil.
- Place over medium-high heat
- Add kernels to cover the bottom of pan in one layer.
- You do not need to shake the pan as the popping keeps the kernels moving.
- The popping will take 3 to 5 minutes.
- When the popping slows to 2 seconds between kernels (instead of the early rapid-fire), remove pan from heat.
- Transfer popcorn to a large bowl.
- Add melted butter and salt as desired and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
NotesMy mom's perfect popcorn was made on Sunday nights. We would watch "The Wonderful World of Disney" and snack on popcorn.
Submitted by: "Rena Waalkens-Masyga"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More