- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups gingersnaps cookie crumbs (about 32)
- I substituted some danish butter cookies for the gingersnaps because my husband hates them and the butter cookies were PERFECT!
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 pkgs (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat over to 300`.
- Grease 9-in springform pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press mixture in bottom and up 1 inch side of pan.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with mixer on medium speed just until smooth and creamy; do not overbeat.
- On low speed, gradually add sugar.
- On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, until just blended.
- Spoon 3 cups of this mixture into pan.
- Spread evenly.
- Stir pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg into remaining cream cheese mixture; mix unitlsmooth. Spoon over mixture in pan.
- Bake 1 hour 25 minutes- 1 hr 30 mins or until edges are set but center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly
- Turn off oven; open door at least 4 inches. Leave cheesecake in over 30 minutes longer. Remove from oven; place on cooling rack. Run a knife along side of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool in pan 30 minutes longer.
- Cover loosely; refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake again; carefully remove side of pan. Store cheesecake covered in refrigerator.
- I know this recipe sounds sort of complicated, but if you start enough ahead of time it really isn't
- I don't have a photo of my actual cheesecake, but next time I make it I will update this one!
NotesThis recipe is Perfect for the upcoming autumn season!!!!
I made this recipe for Thanksgiving in '06 and had sooo many requests for a repeat performance! I got it from the Betty Crocker- Thanksgiving Edition, '06.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More