- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups gingersnaps cookie crumbs (about 32)
- I substituted some danish butter cookies for the gingersnaps because my husband hates them and the butter cookies were PERFECT!
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 pkgs (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat over to 300`.
- Grease 9-in springform pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press mixture in bottom and up 1 inch side of pan.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with mixer on medium speed just until smooth and creamy; do not overbeat.
- On low speed, gradually add sugar.
- On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, until just blended.
- Spoon 3 cups of this mixture into pan.
- Spread evenly.
- Stir pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg into remaining cream cheese mixture; mix unitlsmooth. Spoon over mixture in pan.
- Bake 1 hour 25 minutes- 1 hr 30 mins or until edges are set but center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly
- Turn off oven; open door at least 4 inches. Leave cheesecake in over 30 minutes longer. Remove from oven; place on cooling rack. Run a knife along side of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool in pan 30 minutes longer.
- Cover loosely; refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake again; carefully remove side of pan. Store cheesecake covered in refrigerator.
- I know this recipe sounds sort of complicated, but if you start enough ahead of time it really isn't
- I don't have a photo of my actual cheesecake, but next time I make it I will update this one!
NotesThis recipe is Perfect for the upcoming autumn season!!!!
I made this recipe for Thanksgiving in '06 and had sooo many requests for a repeat performance! I got it from the Betty Crocker- Thanksgiving Edition, '06.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Recipes for VitalitySee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More