- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4 single serving pizzas
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4 cups Tipo 00 Flour
- 1 2/3 cup water
- 4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- Tomato sauce
- Pizza toppings
- Shredded cheese (Mozarella, Parmesan, Asiago, Cheddar...)
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Pizza Stone
- Reynolds parchment paper cut into four rounds the same size as the pizza stone
- Knead flour, water, salt, and yeast with a dough hook on low speed for several minutes until it forms a ball.
- Then knead on medium speed several more minutes until white and silky.
- Dust ball of dough with flour and let rise until double, about 2 hours.
- Punch down dough and divide into four pieces.
- Roll each piece into a tight ball, dust with flour, cover and let rest for at least an hour.
- The dough keeps fine for twenty four hours in the refrigerator, and even gets better; just be sure to let rest at room temperature before using.
- Preheat oven to 500, with a pizza stone on an upper shelf.
- Pour a tablespoon of olive oil on parchment round.
- Pat ball of dough into a disk, turn both sides in oil on parchment, then using fingertips gently stretch dough to cover entire surface of parchment.
- Add sauce and toppings and cheeze and drizzle top with extra olive oil.
- Transfer to baking stone with a rimless cookie sheet and bake about 8-10 minutes.
NotesI recently discovered Italian style Tipo 00 flour at my local gourmet grocery store. I'd always heard it was the secret to thin crust pizza. For years I was using regular all purpose flour and never was able to make a truly "thin" thin crust. Now all that has changed!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Delightful DessertsSee More
Georgene's Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
Charles' Birthday Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Rum Raisin Pudding My WaySee More