- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4 single serving pizzas
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4 cups Tipo 00 Flour
- 1 2/3 cup water
- 4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- Tomato sauce
- Pizza toppings
- Shredded cheese (Mozarella, Parmesan, Asiago, Cheddar...)
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Pizza Stone
- Reynolds parchment paper cut into four rounds the same size as the pizza stone
- Knead flour, water, salt, and yeast with a dough hook on low speed for several minutes until it forms a ball.
- Then knead on medium speed several more minutes until white and silky.
- Dust ball of dough with flour and let rise until double, about 2 hours.
- Punch down dough and divide into four pieces.
- Roll each piece into a tight ball, dust with flour, cover and let rest for at least an hour.
- The dough keeps fine for twenty four hours in the refrigerator, and even gets better; just be sure to let rest at room temperature before using.
- Preheat oven to 500, with a pizza stone on an upper shelf.
- Pour a tablespoon of olive oil on parchment round.
- Pat ball of dough into a disk, turn both sides in oil on parchment, then using fingertips gently stretch dough to cover entire surface of parchment.
- Add sauce and toppings and cheeze and drizzle top with extra olive oil.
- Transfer to baking stone with a rimless cookie sheet and bake about 8-10 minutes.
NotesI recently discovered Italian style Tipo 00 flour at my local gourmet grocery store. I'd always heard it was the secret to thin crust pizza. For years I was using regular all purpose flour and never was able to make a truly "thin" thin crust. Now all that has changed!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More