PERFECTION IS FOUND IN A ROASTED TOMATO.
Perfection is found in a roasted tomato.
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- olive oil
- black pepper
- sea salt
- powdered garlic
1. Preheat oven or toaster oven to roast at 350 degrees.
2. Line parchment paper in a sheet pan.
3. Cut tomatoes in half and rub with olive oil.
4. Grind a little black pepper and toss a little sea salt on the tops.
5. Go on, add a little powdered garlic while you are at it.
6. Pop in the oven and watch it do it’s magic. 20 minutes later, it’s ready.
7. Get creative. If you have a grill pan, by all means use it! I like to grill mine next to long strips of zucchini. Oh wow, now that’s going Italian for you! Add a little parmesan cheese on top or bread crumbs and they are delish by themselves.
8. Sometimes I like to place them in little ramekins with parmesan lightly grated on top, just to mix things up!
9. It is a snap to add to any pasta! Just mash with a potato masher or even a spoon. I incorporate roasted tomatoes into every kind of gluten-free pasta that I get my hands on.