Perfection is found in a roasted tomato.
4 Roma tomatoes
1. Preheat oven or toaster oven to roast at 350 degrees.
2. Line parchment paper in a sheet pan.
3. Cut tomatoes in half and rub with olive oil.
4. Grind a little black pepper and toss a little sea salt on the tops.
5. Go on, add a little powdered garlic while you are at it.
6. Pop in the oven and watch it do it’s magic. 20 minutes later, it’s ready.
7. Get creative. If you have a grill pan, by all means use it! I like to grill mine next to long strips of zucchini. Oh wow, now that’s going Italian for you! Add a little parmesan cheese on top or bread crumbs and they are delish by themselves.
8. Sometimes I like to place them in little ramekins with parmesan lightly grated on top, just to mix things up!
9. It is a snap to add to any pasta! Just mash with a potato masher or even a spoon. I incorporate roasted tomatoes into every kind of gluten-free pasta that I get my hands on.
Pairs Well With
It is like taking a stroll in your grandmother’s garden on an early summer morning right before the humidity hits you in the face when the smells of the tomatoes in the garden are literally bursting the air! It’s the first bite of piping hot pizza pulled straight from the neighbor’s brick oven when you know there couldn’t possibly be a better culinary moment then this. It’s the realization of all senses, alert and alive.