- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 dzn
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 - 4 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Additional melted butter, (optional)
- Combine the warm water and yeast in a large bowl. Let the mixture stand until yeast is foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in butter, sugar, eggs and salt. Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough is too stiff to mix (some flour may not be needed). Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to 4 days.
- When ready to bake
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Turn the chilled dough out onto a lightly floured board. Divide dough into 24 equal-size pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth round ball; place balls in even rows in the prepared pan. Cover and let dough balls rise until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Preheat over to 375. Bake until rolls are golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Brush warm rolls with melted butter, if desired. Break rolls apart to serve.
- Helpful hints, in this recipe do not use quick rising dry yeast, since it is designed to raise breads quickly.
NotesThis dough requires no kneading and can be made up to 4 days ahead. Just take it out of the refrigerator, let rise and bake
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More