- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- 2 Tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large red onions chopped and caramelized
- 3 cups fresh organic baby spinach washed and chopped
- 8 large organic eggs
- 1/4 cup soy milk, hemp milk or almond milk
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 8 spring onions/scallions finely chopped
- 2 handfuls of cilantro/coriander finely chopped
- 2 handfuls of continental parsley finely chopped
- 1 handful fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 fresh dill sprig chopped
- 4 fresh mint sprigs chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oil and sautee the garlic, and caramelize the onions. Add in the spring onions until just softened.
- Add in the fresh spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a quiche or pie dish, and stir in the fresh herbs and nuts.
- Beat eggs and milk in the blender on low for about 3 seconds, add a couple of pinches of Celtic sea salt and cracked pepper, and then pour over the vegetable and herb mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 180C/325F for about half an hour, or until set and lightly browned on top.
NotesThis omelet will rock your world! I found this recipe in a fantastic book called Healing Foods, that is sadly, no longer in print. Baked omelets are so quick and easy; and very low maintenance, in comparison with their stove top counterparts, who require constant attention. This delicious omelet is fantastic for lunch or dinner, or even an exotic breakfast or brunch?
Either way, share a life and love with this omelet and you won’t have egg on your face. Well you might. But you’re not going to mind.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More