- Cooking Time: 5 mins + 3 hrs chilling
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryWhat's better than a peanut butter silk pie in a chocolate cookie crust? One you don't have to share! Parchment paper slings make these easy to remove from muffin cup molds, and the presentation is elegant ~ perfect for a special ending to a fancy dinner.
This recipe is a favorite birthday "cake" request in our household.
- For crust:
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted (no substitutes)
- For peanut butter silk filling:
- 1 3-ounce package light cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, at room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped and chilled
- Crushed cookie crumbs for decoration, if desired
- Spray 4 jumbo muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Line with 2-inch by 6-inch strips of Reynolds parchment paper (these will help you remove the pies from the pan later).
- For crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in a mixing bowl and stir until crumbs absorb the butter. The mixture will appear somewhat wet; that’s okay. Divide the crumbs among the four muffin cups.
- Using a measuring cup, the bottom of a glass, or a large spoon, press the crumbs firmly down into the bottom and about 1/2 inch up the side of each muffin cup. Bake crusts at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set on wire rack to cool. Let cool completely before filling.
- For filling: In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract until smooth. Using a large spatula, gently fold in whipped cream. This will look grainy at first, but keep turning the mixture with your spatula until the whipped cream is fully incorporated.
- Spoon the filling into a piping bag and pipe into cookie crust. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs, drape loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, until set.
- When ready to serve, gently tug upward on both ends of each parchment-paper strip until the pies lift out of the muffin cups. Serve immediately; refrigerate any leftovers.