PERSONAL PEANUT BUTTER PIES
Personal Peanut Butter Pies
- Cooking Time: 5 mins + 3 hrs chilling
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- For crust:
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted (no substitutes)
- For peanut butter silk filling:
- 1 3-ounce package light cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, at room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped and chilled
- Crushed cookie crumbs for decoration, if desired
Spray 4 jumbo muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Line with 2-inch by 6-inch strips of Reynolds parchment paper (these will help you remove the pies from the pan later).
For crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in a mixing bowl and stir until crumbs absorb the butter. The mixture will appear somewhat wet; that’s okay. Divide the crumbs among the four muffin cups.
Using a measuring cup, the bottom of a glass, or a large spoon, press the crumbs firmly down into the bottom and about 1/2 inch up the side of each muffin cup. Bake crusts at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set on wire rack to cool. Let cool completely before filling.
For filling: In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract until smooth. Using a large spatula, gently fold in whipped cream. This will look grainy at first, but keep turning the mixture with your spatula until the whipped cream is fully incorporated.
Spoon the filling into a piping bag and pipe into cookie crust. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs, drape loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, until set.
When ready to serve, gently tug upward on both ends of each parchment-paper strip until the pies lift out of the muffin cups. Serve immediately; refrigerate any leftovers.
This recipe is a favorite birthday "cake" request in our household.
Website Credit: http://kidscuisine.net/2008/05/01/personal-peanut-butter-pies/