- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup pesto - homemade or store bought
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the salmon skin side down on the foil. Season with salt and pepper and spread the pesto over the top of the fish.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 7-10 minutes, depending on thickness. Be sure not to overcook to prevent dry salmon.
- Remove from oven and using a spatula, lift off the salmon from the foil, leaving the skin on the baking sheet. Serve immediately.
NotesSometimes when a recipe is so simple and easy, I question whether it's even worthy of sharing. Take for example this Pesto Baked Salmon. Two ingredients - pesto and salmon - are brought together, baked and voila... time for dinner! I figured I should share this because sometimes a 2 ingredient recipe is just the thing I need to get something on the table. Besides, pesto and salmon is a classic pairing for a great dinner...
I'm sure this recipe has been made several times by others and it certainly isn't an original recipe of mine. As I mentioned, it's pretty easy to do and I prefer using homemade pesto over store bought. We enjoyed this dish over mashed parsnips and steamed sugar snap peas.