- Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
- Servings: 18 biscuits
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts (toasting them a bit gives them more flavor)
- 2 cups all purpose flour (plus more for dusting)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 6 tablespoons cold butter cut into small pieces
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 425'.
- Chop up the pine nuts.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, pine nuts and basil
- Using a pastry blender, fork or fingers....work the cold butter into the flour mixture until you have small pea sized pieces.
- Add the cheese...stir with a wooden spoon. Add the milk and sour cream and mix until just combined.
- Dust your work surface with a bit of flour. Turn out the dough and knead 3 - 5 times just to get the stuff to come together. (hint: over kneaded biscuits = tough biscuits, ie: paper weights).
- Roll out the dough to 1/2" thick. Cut the biscuits with a 2" round cutter. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden brown for about 12 - 15 minutes.
NotesA tasty little morsel that's mildly flavored and the perfect side for most any dish. I guess that means that biscuits aren't just for breakfast. These babies are for dinner! By the way...it's not the pesto on the biscuit that makes this a Pesto Biscuit. It's what's inside.