- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- chicken breasts
- FF italian dressing
- prepared pesto
- italian breadcrumbs
- mozzerella cheese
- Marinate chicken in dressing (enough to coat in bag) for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- If chicken breasts are large, may cut in half and then pound to equal thickness.
- spread pesto liberally on one side of breast. Place breast pesto side down on plate full of bread crumbs.
- Spread pesto on clean side, turn to coat in crumbs.
- Once coated with pesto and crumbs on each side, place in baking dish.
- I did not need to coat the dish because of the oil in the pesto.
- Crack some pepper over the chicken.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Top with shredded or sliced cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and chicken is cooked through.
- You may need to add time if chicken is thick or less if using tenders.
NotesI made this last night. Had alot of stuff sitting around. It actually turned out really good though somewhat oily from the pesto. A homemade lite pesto may make it less oily. Without cheese you may be able to slice over a salad.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More