- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, broth and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Fold the basil, walnuts, garlic and remaining Parmesan cheese into batter. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full; sprinkle with reserved Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
- Nutrition Facts: 1 muffin equals 153 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
NotesThese are going great with the coq a vin I made this weekend, and will do just as well with the pasta fagoili soup I plan on making this week. I am planning on making an extra batch this weekend. The only thing I may change is baking them without the muffin cups. It seems like alot of muffin ends up stuck to the paper. I have a 12 ct nonstick muffin pan, so I think I will be OK
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More