- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bag steamed broccoli
- 1/2 cup unshelled pistachios
- 3/4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 box orecchiette pasta (no. 91)
- Steam broccoli and chop up into bite size pieces. Place broccoli in food processor and puree into a paste. Add pistachios and parmigiano-reggiano cheese and process until smooth. Add salt and adjust seasonings. Then add the ricotta and pulse until combined. Taste again and adjust to your liking.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil and add orecchiette. Cook for 10 minutes. Drain orecchiete and reserve 1 cup of its cooking water.
- Place pesto in a large skillet with 1 cup of orecchiette cooking water over med. high heat. Then add orecchiette and stir vigorously to combine. Cook until the sauce is creamy and heated through about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and/or pepper to taste. Remove from heat and garnish with 1-2 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil and more parmigiano.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More