- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. small Yukon gold potatoes (or other potato)
- 1/3 cup chicken broth, hot
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Cut potatoes to make 1/8 - 1/4" slices.
- In a food processor, process pine nuts and garlic until minced. Add basil and process until finely chopped. Add 3 tablespoons Romano cheese. Process until smooth. Stream in extra virgin olive oil until you get the texture you want. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a baking dish coated with cooking spray, arrange 1/3 of the potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Spread 1/2 pesto mixture over the top. Repeat layers, ending with a layer of potatoes. Pour chicken broth over potatoes. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining Romano cheese, and continue to bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
My Family CookbookSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More