- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. small Yukon gold potatoes (or other potato)
- 1/3 cup chicken broth, hot
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Cut potatoes to make 1/8 - 1/4" slices.
- In a food processor, process pine nuts and garlic until minced. Add basil and process until finely chopped. Add 3 tablespoons Romano cheese. Process until smooth. Stream in extra virgin olive oil until you get the texture you want. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a baking dish coated with cooking spray, arrange 1/3 of the potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Spread 1/2 pesto mixture over the top. Repeat layers, ending with a layer of potatoes. Pour chicken broth over potatoes. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining Romano cheese, and continue to bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
CAPT'N CRUNCH Chili Chicken
Salted, Spiced Caramel SauceSee More