- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 beef skirt steak (about 1-1/2 pounds), cut into 4 pieces
- 1 container (7 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat pesto, divided
- 1/4 cup light (1/2 the calories & fat of mayonnaise) mayonnaise
- 6 hoagie rolls (6-inch), split lengthwise
- 1 jar (6.5 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1. Place beef steak and 1/2 cup pesto in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat steak. Close bag securely; marinate in refrigerator 6 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 7 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 8 to 12 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- 3. Combine remaining pesto with mayonnaise in small bowl.
- 4. Spread cut sides of hoagie rolls with pesto-mayo mixture. Layer bottom of rolls with equal amounts beef; top with artichoke hearts and cheese slice.
- 5. Place open-faced sandwiches on rack of broiler pan, with hoagie roll tops, cut-side-up next to sandwiches, so surface of sandwich is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted and cut sides of buns are toasted. Close sandwiches.
- Nutrition information per serving: 572 calories; 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 76 mg cholesterol; 893 mg sodium; 41 g carbohydrate; 4.7 g fiber; 31 g protein; 4.7 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.3 mg iron; 10.9 mcg selenium; 3.3 mg zinc; 59.6 mg choline.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12 and zinc; and a good source of fiber, vitamin B6, iron, selenium and choline.
- © Cattlemen’s Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Breads and Pastry 101
Cartier CreationsSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More