- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Serves 10 to 12.
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA friend shared this recipe with me. It always meets with rave reviews! Easy to do ahead for the holidays or a party.
- 1 container purchased pesto
- 2 cups unsalted butter (4 cubes) -- room temperature
- 2 pkgs. cream cheese -- (8 oz.) room temperature (neuftachel works great)
- Line bowl with saran wrap.
- In separate bowl, cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Divide into 3 portions.
- Place 1/3 of mixture in bottom of saran-lined bowl and flatten top.
- Spread with pesto.
- Repeat layers, cream cheese - pesto - cream cheese.
- Cover top with saran and chill bowl at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, invert onto a plate, remove all saran and serve with crackers.