- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy husband LOVES these. We usually substitute ham for the proscuitto, as it's easier to find and cheaper. Or sometimes, we omit it completely. I also usually use homemade pesto instead of store-bought.
- 4 pasteurized large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons commercial pesto
- 4 teaspoons water
- 4 multigrain English muffins, lightly toasted
- 1 ounce very thin slices prosciutto
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add water to a large skillet, filling two-thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer. Break eggs into each of 4 (8-ounce) custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place custard cups in simmering water in pan. Cover pan; cook 4 minutes or until yolk is just set or until desired degree of doneness. Remove custard cups from water.
- Combine pesto and 4 teaspoons water. Spread 1 teaspoon pesto mixture on cut side of each of 4 English muffin halves. Divide prosciutto evenly among 4 English muffin halves.
- Run a small rubber spatula around outside edge of each custard cup; slide 1 egg onto each muffin half. Sprinkle eggs evenly with pepper, and drizzle each egg with 1 teaspoon remaining pesto mixture. Top with remaining muffin halves, cut side down. Serve immediately.