- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 pasteurized large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons commercial pesto
- 4 teaspoons water
- 4 multigrain English muffins, lightly toasted
- 1 ounce very thin slices prosciutto
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add water to a large skillet, filling two-thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer. Break eggs into each of 4 (8-ounce) custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place custard cups in simmering water in pan. Cover pan; cook 4 minutes or until yolk is just set or until desired degree of doneness. Remove custard cups from water.
- Combine pesto and 4 teaspoons water. Spread 1 teaspoon pesto mixture on cut side of each of 4 English muffin halves. Divide prosciutto evenly among 4 English muffin halves.
- Run a small rubber spatula around outside edge of each custard cup; slide 1 egg onto each muffin half. Sprinkle eggs evenly with pepper, and drizzle each egg with 1 teaspoon remaining pesto mixture. Top with remaining muffin halves, cut side down. Serve immediately.
NotesMy husband LOVES these. We usually substitute ham for the proscuitto, as it's easier to find and cheaper. Or sometimes, we omit it completely. I also usually use homemade pesto instead of store-bought.