- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- One single pie crust, lightly baked in a deep-dish pie plate.
- 1 3/4 cups (15-ounce can) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tablespoons (lightly packed) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- Whipped Cream for serving
- Make the pie crust and cool the baked shell.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Place the pumpkin, brown sugar, spices, and salt in a large mixing bowl and blend with a whisk.
- Add the molasses, milk, and the eggs; stir vigorously with the whisk until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell. Cover the edge of the crust with aluminum foil.
- Bake the pie on the center oven rack until the top is shiny and set and the tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about one hour.
- Remove the pie from the oven and carefully remove the foil. Cool the pie on a rack.
- Serve the pie warm, cold or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream.
NotesDeborah's deep dish pumpkin pie won First Prize in the Pumpkin/Sweet Potato Category
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
The Italian Exchange
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More