- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryDeborah's deep dish pumpkin pie won First Prize in the Pumpkin/Sweet Potato Category
- One single pie crust, lightly baked in a deep-dish pie plate.
- 1 3/4 cups (15-ounce can) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tablespoons (lightly packed) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- Whipped Cream for serving
- Make the pie crust and cool the baked shell.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Place the pumpkin, brown sugar, spices, and salt in a large mixing bowl and blend with a whisk.
- Add the molasses, milk, and the eggs; stir vigorously with the whisk until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell. Cover the edge of the crust with aluminum foil.
- Bake the pie on the center oven rack until the top is shiny and set and the tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about one hour.
- Remove the pie from the oven and carefully remove the foil. Cool the pie on a rack.
- Serve the pie warm, cold or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream.