PETER'S CHEESY POTATOES
Peter's Cheesy Potatoes
- Cooking Time: 30-45 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 bag (32 oz) frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Colby, Chedder or Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz)
- 1 container (16 oz) sour cream
- 1 can (10 ¾ oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken)
- ¼ chopped onion (1/2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes cereal
Heat oven to 350˚F. Spray 13X9- inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large microwavable bowl, microwave potatoes on defrost 12-15 minutes or until thawed, stirring once or twice. Stir in all remaining potato ingredients; spread in baking dish.
In small Microwavable bowl, microwave ¼ cup butter on high 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in crushed cereal; sprinkle evenly over potato mixture.
Bake 30-45 minutes or until browned and bubbly around edges.