- Cooking Time: 40-50 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2-1/2 plus 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 red baking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Spray a 6-well (2-3/4-inch squares) removable bottom pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- 3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine bananas and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Add honey and eggs, beating until well combined. Set aside.
- 4. In a medium bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, lemon zest, nutmeg, ginger, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cloves, stirring well. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, beating until batter is uniform.
- 5. Fill each well of prepared pan one-third full of batter. Add 2 even layers of apple slices. add remaining batter until wells are two-thirds full. Set aside.
- 6. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1-1/3 cups of flour, brown sugar, remaining 1/4 sugar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, stirring well. Add melted butter, stirring until pea-size crumbles form. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter.
- 7. Bake until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More