- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- One pheasant or more
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pint sour cream
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 box sliced mushrooms
- 1 chopped green or red bell pepper
- Clean and wash pheasant; cut into quarters and marinate in buttermilk with added meat tenderizer.
- Wash off buttermilk and wipe thoroughly.
- Next dip in flour and brown gently in butter in a frying pan.
- Deglaze pan with a small amount of water.
- Place this with pheasant in a roasting pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put enough sour cream in pan to make its depth 1 inch and add 1/8 lb. of butter for each bird.(I always cook more than 1 bird at a time)
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F. for 3/4 hrs. or until bird is tender.
- Add milk to sour cream as needed to maintain consistency.
- Saute the onion & pepper and in olive oil.
- Add to sour cream and cover birds before serving.
NotesMy Daddy & Uncles were big bird hunters. Always came home with many to clean & cook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More