- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 24 ounces steak -- cut 1/4 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces Cheez Whiz®
- 4 large Italian rolls
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1 large red bell pepper -- diced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms -- sliced
- Heat an iron skillet or a non stick pan over medium heat and add 3 table spoons of oil to the pan and sauté the onions to desired doneness. remove the onions and add the remaining oil and sauté the slices of meat quickly on both sides. Melt the Cheez Whiz® in a double boiler or in the microwave. Place 6oz. of the meat into the rolls add onions, and pour the Cheez Whiz® over top. Garnish with hot or fried sweet peppers, mushrooms.
NotesThis is a straight forward recipe which will work for the basic sandwich. I prefer to add a few other things to mine...Jalapeño peppers for example.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Italy or Bust
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More