- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sub rolls, split lengthwise and toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Garlic Mayo
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute beef until lightly browned.
- Stir in green pepper and onion, and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute until vegetables are tender, and remove from heat.
- Spread each bun generously with garlic mayonnaise.
- Divide beef mixture into the buns.
- Top with shredded cheese, and sprinkle with oregano.
- Place sandwiches on a baking pan.
- Heat sandwiches in preheated oven, until cheese is melted or slightly browned.
NotesThis is a delicious and easy sandwich that gets rave reviews from my husband and brother.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More