- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sub rolls, split lengthwise and toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Garlic Mayo
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute beef until lightly browned.
- Stir in green pepper and onion, and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute until vegetables are tender, and remove from heat.
- Spread each bun generously with garlic mayonnaise.
- Divide beef mixture into the buns.
- Top with shredded cheese, and sprinkle with oregano.
- Place sandwiches on a baking pan.
- Heat sandwiches in preheated oven, until cheese is melted or slightly browned.
NotesThis is a delicious and easy sandwich that gets rave reviews from my husband and brother.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
The Social CookbookSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More