- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySuper easy recipe. Note: Adjust spices according to your taste. I add more cumin and chili powder than suggested.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground extra lean beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup diced fresh or canned pineapple
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, onion, garlic until the onion is tender and the meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Drain off all fat. Add all remaining ingredients except the green and red bell peppers. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers and heat through.
- Serve with rice, bread or tortillas.