- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground extra lean beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup diced fresh or canned pineapple
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, onion, garlic until the onion is tender and the meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Drain off all fat. Add all remaining ingredients except the green and red bell peppers. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers and heat through.
- Serve with rice, bread or tortillas.
NotesSuper easy recipe. Note: Adjust spices according to your taste. I add more cumin and chili powder than suggested.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More