- Cooking Time: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and mustard. Place bread crumbs on a sheet of waxed paper. Dip chops in the egg mixture, then coat both sides with bread crumbs.
- In a nonstick large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook the chops 3 minutes per side and remove. Add shallot and sauté 1 minute. Add wine; cook 1 minute. Stir in the broth, capers and lemon juice. Add the chops back into the skillet and simmer, covered, 3 to 4 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork registers 155 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- Nutrition facts per serving:
- calories: 620
- total fat: 30g
- saturated fat: 11g
- cholesterol: 212mg
- sodium: 1349mg
- carbohydrate: 40g
- fiber: 3g
NotesDon't skip the capers even if you won't eat them. They add plenty of flavor!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Italy or Bust
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More