- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cans (16oz each) sliced beets
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar (or Red Wine Vinegar)
- 2 three-inch sticks cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pickleing spice
- Drain beets, reserving liquid( from 3 cans) in sauce pan.
- Add sugar, vinegar, cinnamon sticks and pickling spice (I put that in a tea ball) to reserved liquid.
- Bring to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Pour over beets; cool.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- I have a half gallon old pickle jar that I use to store my pickled beets and just remove what we want to serve with a slotted spoon.
NotesThis is a recipe that I first adapted from an old recipe found in one of Mom's old cookbooks.
For those that like pickled onions I sometimes slice and separate a few slices of onion and add in with the beets. Its been a family favorite for the past 30 yrs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
NFPG Recipe Collection
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More