- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cans (16oz each) sliced beets
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar (or Red Wine Vinegar)
- 2 three-inch sticks cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pickleing spice
- Drain beets, reserving liquid( from 3 cans) in sauce pan.
- Add sugar, vinegar, cinnamon sticks and pickling spice (I put that in a tea ball) to reserved liquid.
- Bring to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Pour over beets; cool.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- I have a half gallon old pickle jar that I use to store my pickled beets and just remove what we want to serve with a slotted spoon.
NotesThis is a recipe that I first adapted from an old recipe found in one of Mom's old cookbooks.
For those that like pickled onions I sometimes slice and separate a few slices of onion and add in with the beets. Its been a family favorite for the past 30 yrs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Taste of CenturyLink
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More