- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 pounds fresh beets, sliced
- 1 pound onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seed
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- Boil beets in water just to cover until a fork can barely pierce them.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, and spices in large kettle. Bring to a boil, add beets and onions, and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Pack beets and onions in hot, sterilized jars. Pour vinegar mixture over beets to within half inch of rim. Seal and process for 15 minutes in boiling water bath.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More