- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 pounds fresh beets, sliced
- 1 pound onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seed
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- Boil beets in water just to cover until a fork can barely pierce them.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, and spices in large kettle. Bring to a boil, add beets and onions, and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Pack beets and onions in hot, sterilized jars. Pour vinegar mixture over beets to within half inch of rim. Seal and process for 15 minutes in boiling water bath.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More