- Cooking Time: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 2 bunches baby carrots(as in baby preferably, not mini processed carrots, although those will work too)- enough to fit in 500 ml canning jar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves (or more as preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large dried Mexican chile (optional)
- Place the dried chile and carrots in canning jar. Boil the water, sugar, vinegar, garlic, and remaining spices in a small saucepan for 4 minutes. Pour the liquid over the carrots, filling to the top. Cool at room temperature before sealing. Then, store in the refrigerator for 2 days before eating. Will keep for about 1 week.
NotesAfter trying spicy pickled carrots that couldn't leave my mind at a local restaurant, I decided to attempt my own.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More